Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Small haul....tiny haul...

I am currently in the midst of changing jobs, so I'm not going to have very many hauls for awhile. But in good news, I will be making up for it once I'm situated at my new job. And for now, we have the small haul. Just a few things that I've been wanting to try and I've heard good reviews on.


This tiny haul I got a couple of days ago. I got Maybelline Shine Free Matte Finish pressed powder in natural beige. I've been looking for something that really absorbs oil and shine during the day. Of course, I live in Texas, which means, I will be oily and shiny at some point during the day, but I'm hoping this helps a lot anyway. I've heard really good reviews about this product and the Maybelline Shine Free loose powder as well. I didn't get the loose powder because I heard about it being messy...and I tend to be pretty messy anyway. I figured the pressed powder was the way to go. This was $4.79 at Wal-Mart, which was surprising because I expected it to be in the $6-$7 range. 

I am trying out a new lip color as well from Wet N Wild, called....well, I ripped the packaging off, so all I see is 903C lol. It's a pretty pinky peach color, and I don't usually wear any lip color other than plums or mauves, so I wanted to try a pink without spending a lot. I believe this was around $2.

I also got the Palladio rice paper oil-absorbing blotting tissues with rice powder in translucent- I know they also sell the regular blotting tissues without the rice powder. I found some good reviews on this particular product at sallybeauty.com, saying that they absorb oil for hours on end, so I had to try them out. I got them in store for 2.99 with my Sally's card. I have only used these once, and I have to say I love them so far. They really absorb the oil and give a nice matte finish, as if I retouched with actual powder makeup. I am not sure how the ones without rice powder fair, so if anyone has tried those, let me know! I do know that they come in different skintones like makeup, such as translucent, natural beige, etc. I have heard many good things about the Palladio makeup line from one of my favorite You Tube gurus, Holly Ann-Aeree. So when I do get to splurge again on makeup, I'll be going back to Sally's to try more.

The last things from Sally's that I got were these two mini baked eyeshadows. I have been wanting to try baked makeup for awhile, and have heard good things about them from You Tube, but I didn't want to spend too much without being completely sure. I spent 94 cents each on these, which is pretty good for the amount of product. I haven't tried these a whole lot, just swatched them on my hand, then put a little of the blue-green turquoise color on the outer-V of my eyelids. So far, they are pretty good! The turquoise is a little bit sheerer, but it's fine because I don't wear a lot of bright colors and this is perfect to start out with. The silver swatches pretty pigmented, and I'm excited to try it out. I have also heard you can use baked products wet for a more pigmented look, so I'll have to try that out as well.


Oh! And I forgot to include these babies on my e.l.f. haul! I got them on my 2nd order, and I'm loving the distinction in colors between these palettes. The palettes I got were Pretty Picnic, Happy Hour, and Night on the Town. They come with 10 eyeshadows, 2 lip colors, and either a blush or bronzer. What's cool about these is that you can buy separate little mirrored cases for them and take one or two on the go. I'm guessing that's why they are called Beauty-On-The-Go, right? Well, yeah, that's just a heads up that the pallettes are SOLD SEPARATELY from the cases, so make sure when you buy them, you don't forget the cases to put them in.


And lastly, I thought I would just throw in these heels I just got from Charlotte Russe. Most of the heels I own are from Charlotte Russe, and I've never had issues with any of them (i.e, broken, falling apart, etc). I got these Butterfly-Side Wooden heels in Coral and of course since they had a buy 1, get 1 for $12, I had to get a black pair, too. I can't wait to wear these, and I will be wearing them into the fall...because I can. lol.

Until next time....



1 comment:

  1. Blotting tissues are the best! Thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete