Monday, August 13, 2012

L.A. Colors teeny haul...Where are you???

Unfortunately, I am still not settled into my new job, but I'm hoping for this week. With that said, I still have not been on any extravagant makeup shopping trips lately, and will not for at least a few more weeks. I did stop into Dollar Tree to pick up some odds and ends, and of course, I had to browse the makeup aisle. You wouldn't think I'd have found anything, which I wasn't expecting to, but I did.


Excuse the extreme brightness of my iPhone's flash. I picked up 3 products by the brand L.A. Colors, and I guess I've been living under a rock, because I had only seen nail polish by this brand (which I'm a huge fan of). Sadly, my little town had the teeniest collection of makeup by this brand, but I made sure to pick up a few things to try out. I got 2 of the loose eyeshadow pigments in Lollipop and Sunshine, and an All-In-One stick meant for eyes, lips, and cheeks, in the color Pink Satin. I knew I had to pick one of these up because it's a jumbo crayon like the lip balm stains that are out now. I have been wanting something like this in my collection, but I wasn't about to pay $8 for one Revlon balm, especially when I didn't know if I'd like it or not. So for $1, I picked this L.A. Colors version up, and I love it so far. It's literally a pink satin color, very creamy and pretty. I wore this for most of the morning (before lunch), and it stayed on and didn't dry out my lips! Unfortunately, this was the only color my store carried, so I am really confused as where to buy this brand. I have not seen it at my town's Wal-Mart. I looked up the website, but I'm not sure you can purchase on there.


This loose eyeshadow product amazed me. Pardon me if I'm a little late, but I haven't seen anything like this. I expected just a little pot of loose shimmery pigment, but was very surprised that it came with a cute little brush, and a little pot that prevents messes (because I'm very messy, let me tell ya). I brushed this pink pigment across my eyes and it gave me a very pretty pop of pink. If you rub it in a little with your fingers, it remains a shimmery look with a little tint of pink. Either way, these can create some great looks. I cannot wait to try it with some eyeshadow primer underneath to create an exaggerated going-out statement look. At $1 each, I'm in love already with the quality, but a couple of more things made me love this brand even more.

This is printed on every product packaging. Not only is the bunny simply adorable, but it's fantastic to know that these products are not tested on animals. How awesome is that??? The last thing is the company itself. I was so happy that I found such amazing products for so little money, that I had to drop an email to L.A. Colors. I didn't expect anything back, but I got a thank you email for my support. I truly feel like this company has their consumers in mind at all times. So lastly, thanks to L.A. Colors for coming up with inexpensive, great quality products, and being so customer-oriented.

*All products were purchased by me with my own money, and the reviews are all my opinion. I'm not affiliated with the company mentioned, I'm just a consumer like you :)*





1 comment:

  1. The Dollar Tree has a lot of great surprises!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete